Dive Ontario update Regarding the May 20th Announcement on the province’s COVID-19 Three-Phase Re-Opening Roadmap
Dive Ontario would like to address yesterday’s announcement on Ontario’s 3-phase re-opening plan, and what it means for the organization. Based on the announcement, this is what we know regarding sports and recreational fitness facilities:
BEFORE PHASE ONE:
- Closed for indoor use except for high-performance athletes, child care, mental health and addiction support services, social services, and physical therapy (subject to conditions).
- Expected to enter Phase One the week of June 14, 2021.
- Outdoor team sports – training only, 10 people max, 3m distance.
- Closed for indoor use except for high-performance athletes, social services, and physical therapy.
- Ontario will stay in Phase One for at least 21 days, until the province has vaccinated 70 per cent of adults with one dose and 20 per cent of adults with two doses.
- Outdoor sports leagues open.
- Training for professional or amateur athletes and/or competitions.
- Ontario will stay in Phase Two for at least 21 days, until the province has vaccinated 70 to 80 per cent of adults with one dose and 25 per cent of adults with two doses.
- Indoor open, with some restrictions.
- Outdoor open, with some restrictions.
With the motivation to get more divers back in the pools, Dive Ontario will be collaborating with other Provincial Sports Organizations to work with the Provincial Government in getting some sort of resumption to indoor sports and recreational facilities as soon as possible. We will share more information about Ontario’s Roadmap to Re-Open, as more information becomes available.
In the meantime, Dive Ontario would like to thank everyone for your continued patience and support through these difficult and unprecedented times. We understand your frustration, but we are now in the home stretch, slowly approaching the end of the tunnel. We will get through this as long as we continue to work together, stay positive, and remember all there is to be grateful for in the midst of these obstacles. Dive Ontario will continue to support its club members, divers, and families as best as the organization can, and we will update our return-to-play plan for the re-opening of indoor sporting activities.
For more information on the Ontario Roadmap to Reopen, visit: https://news.ontario.ca/en/backgrounder/1000159/roadmap-to-reopen