Ottawa National Diving Club Job Posting
- 1 full time salaried position. Compensation will be based on qualification and experience.
- 2 part-time positions. Compensation will be based on qualification, experience and/or club pay scale.
The Ottawa National Diving Club (ONDC) has been serving the community for 10 years. This not-for-profit organization has been the home to athletes of all ages and abilities. We are very proud to be the supporter of hundreds of Learn to Dive children across the city as well as International, National and Provincial level athletes. We believe strongly in the importance of sport and the role that it plays for athletes and communities. ONDC is comprised of excellent coaches and hardworking volunteers and has enjoyed many successes each and every year. Members of the ONDC family are close knit community and enjoy the benefits of the club and the relationships within.
As the Aspire-level Coach at the Ottawa National Diving Club, you will be a motivated, energetic, and passionate coach who will provide leadership and coaching for all Aspire-level athletes. The successful candidate will:
- lead Aspire-level diving programs, motivating divers to reach their full potential, and preparing divers for Invitational and Provincial competitions
- help schedule facility times, implement training and practice programs/strategies
- help assess Learn to Dive athletes for consideration of inclusion at the Aspire level, and make recommendations for future actions
- In conjunction with Board of Directors and Head Coach, the successful candidate will help develop new team strategies, goals, and policies
- Fulfill the lead role of the pre-competitive and Provincial (Aspire) programs, including the management of these groups and the administrative duties related to running the programs and their overall functioning.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Learn to Dive program.
- Ensure technical content of all Aspire programs is appropriate for skill progression by setting goals, establishing curriculum and plan training programs for each group and athlete.
- Assist in the supervision, direction and leadership of all Learn to Dive coaches.
- Assist and eventually lead the testing of athletes at the provincial and pre-competitive levels.
- Provide recommendations to the Head Coach with regards to athlete group placement and/or advancement of programming.
- Ensure safety procedures are maintained and if accidents occur, ensure proper procedures, reporting, and follow up are completed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with all parents as required (Competition Info, Testing results, Concerns, Progress etc.).
- Act as a liaison between Dive Ontario, Diving Canada, City of Ottawa and the ONDC. Attend all technical functions as required.
- Assist in the registration, planning and organizing of scheduled competitions, camps, clinics and professional development as required.
- Fulfill other coaching-related activities include coaching at meets and training camps, attending internal or external meetings and professional development programs.
- Perform other non-coaching program administration and office tasks as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining ONDC presence and promoting the club across social media platforms.
- NCCP Instructor Beginner (Level 1) Certified
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
- NCCP Competition Introduction (Level 2) trained/certified
- NLS (Lifeguarding) Certification
- Ability to speak French
- Background in competitive sport
- Respect in Sport certification
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Provincial Coach” in the subject line. Posting will be active until June 1st, 2021. Successful candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
If you have any questions about the position or the Ottawa National Diving Club please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
Ottawa National Diving Club