Position Title: Provincial Diving Coach and Program Coordinator
Position Overview: Coaches provincial-level Aspire divers; identifies strengths and weaknesses, implements training and practice strategies; develops skills and capabilities; motivates and prepares divers for competitive events. In conjunction with team, develops team strategies and policies. Coordinates all diving programs; oversee all learn to dive and supplementary programs, assesses success of programs and makes recommendations for future actions.
About the Kitchener Waterloo Diving Club:
The KW Diving Club is one of the largest clubs in Ontario, diving at the Waterloo Rec Center in Waterloo, Ontario and offering dryland training at our facility on Manitou Drive in Kitchener, Ontario. The club offers many opportunities for all levels of diving – from the learn to dive through to the national competitive level.
- Perform duties in for the KW Diving Club in accordance with the mission, objectives, By-Laws, regulations and policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Coaches Aspire athletes to their full potential; identifies needs, develops individualized training plans and oversees strength, dryland and pool training.
- Keeps program statistics to track success; reviews and recommends new programs, program expansion or program amendments.
- Ensures effective coverage at all times; recommends organizational restructure or human resource changes as required.
- Represents KW Diving Club to community, government agencies, media and other organizations as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- National Coaching Certification Program – Competitive Introduction Trained as a Diving Coach, certification an asset.
- 4-6 years related experience.
- Written and verbal communication skills to interact with parents and stakeholders, make presentations and respond to the media.
- Analytic skills to assess program data and information, and to make recommendations for future programming.
- Skill with the use of a personal computer and the ability to use computer software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 2-year diploma in a related field (e.g. sport team management, business management, kinesiology), is an asset.
Job Status: Part time contract
Hours of Work: approximately 20 hours/week
Compensation: to be discussed based on qualifications
Reports to: KWDC Head Coach
Start Date: September 2018
If you are interested in this position, please apply in writing with a resume, including your NCCP number and cover letter, by mail or e-mail to:
Kitchener Waterloo Diving Club
5 Manitou Drive Unit 101
Attention: KW Executive