CANADA GAMES – changes to Technical Rules
- New Athlete Eligibility Restrictions – ruled across all sports – No Senior National team athletes will be eligible for competing in the Canada Games. Athletes who hold a C card (as defined by Sport Canada’s Athlete Assistance program) or are in their first year of Senior National Team Status, may be deemed eligible on a case by case basis. Requests must be submitted by the respective Provincial/Territorial Chef de mission and approved by the Canada Games Council’s Sport Committee.
- Synchro Event Rules – the new FINA rule regarding dive requirements will be followed – 5 groups must be covered in both the men’s and women’s synchro diving event.
- The 2014 – 2015 Domestic and International Calendars can now be found on the DPC website.
- The 2015 – 2016 International “Tentative” Calendar can also be found on the DPC website.
- Provinces can now submit sanction requests for competitions for the 2015 – 2016 competitive season. For your reference, the tentative dates for the National Championships may be ready by the end of November – continue to check the DPC website for any changes.
JUNIOR NATIONAL QUALIFICATION STANDARDS – 2014 – 2015
|1 meter||3 meter||platform|
LIST OF TRIALS/SELECTION EVENTS FOR 2014 – 2015
- The Sting will be the trials for the Dresden junior team
- Junior Nationals – will select the Pan Am Junior team
- Winter Nationals – partial selection of Mexico Grand Prix, Canada Cup, Puerto Rico Grand Prix and will be one of the multi-event selections for World Championships and Pan Am Games
- Canada Cup – one of the multi-event selections for World Championships and Pan Am Games
- Summer Nationals – partial selection for Madrid Grand Prix, Italy Grand Prix and any fall Grand Prix’s that Canada takes part in and will be one of the multi-event selections for World Championships and Pan Am Games